Library 2.0

Library 2.0
Timeline

Thursday, January 24, 2008

I have chosen the site Medstory from the list of Web 2.0 award nominees to examine. I chose a topic that I had done other general research for recently on the web.
Medstory was OK with clear though rather brief entries, I suppose neccesarily not too detailed due to the target audience being the general population. In comparison with academic medical journals, it was of course far easier to read and understand but left me wanting more information.

There are a substantial number of links to various other sites which were useful and informative and the links occurred without difficulty.

For a public library this would be an excellent resource but I would have thought that for an academic library it would serve as a first base stepping off point for the development of knowledge about a particular health issue.

One of the links spotted was to Medline which is a database listed in the ECU library catalogue. National bodies also appear as links, so Mestory is good in that respect.

No comments: